同乐城官网 www.xyqp168.com Academic excellence at JAGS is supported by a diverse and exciting extra-curricular programme designed to give girls opportunities to develop new skills, gain experience of leadership, and to support others.
There is an extensive range of extra curricular activities at JAGS and students often set up their own groups and clubs where there is shared interest not covered by existing groups. These can cover a mix of academic and non academic themes including history, music, science, maths, sports, debating and current affairs.
Extra-curricular achievements in 2017/18 included:
- Year 13 student Emily Xu was awarded the prestigious Gold Crest award by the British Science Association for research that she carried out into Chiral drug separation. She also took the top prize in the National Big Bang competition.
- We had five out of eight winners in the Southwark Schools Learning Partnership short stories competition, judged by author Ali Smith.
- A great deal of sporting success for pupils throughout the school including winning the English Javelin Championship, gold medals in Race Walking at English Schools Championships, and National schools biathlon.
- Artwork from Senior, Prep and Pre-Prep girls was selected for the annual Young Art exhibition at the Royal College of Art.
- Anoushka in Year 4 won first prize in the London section of the Primary Engineer Leaders Awards for her innovative idea to to stop drink driving.
- Year 9 pupil Bella’s artwork was part of a major exhibition at the at Southbank Centre examining the life and work of Nelson Mandela.