同乐城官网 www.xyqp168.com Students, staff and parents get involved with JAGS charity events. Each house has its own charity and across the school we support worthy local, national and international causes.
We have a long running partnership with Action For Fundamental Change and Development (AFFCAD) in Uganda which runs a school in Bwaise, one of the poorest towns in the country. As well as fundraising for the charity, JAGS has donated a minibus to the school and a group of girls spent two weeks volunteering there in March.
Other recent charity highlights include:
- A Foundations School Quiz Night which raised over £10,000 for Save the Children’s Children of Syria appeal.
- We donated 2000 food items to King Church London's Big Red Box appeal which supports vulnerable individuals and families in our south east London community at Christmas.
- The Geography department raised a impressive £7500 for Water Aid
- Bethany House raised over £850 for Women For Women International on Christmas Jumper day
- The annual poppy appeal raised £300 with sales of poppies for the British Legion.
- Our annual Multicultural Evening organised by Year 12 as a celebration of our diverse cultural backgrounds, raised an amazing £1300 for Young Minds and the accompanying raffle raised a further £150 for AFFCAD.
- Sports day refreshments, Founder’s Day stalls and various events which have raised money for the wonderful Libra Foundation
- Caitlin in Year 8 raised £2800 for Cancer Research Kids and Teens by cutting her hair off!
- Multiple cake sales that have supported charities including MacMillan Cancer, Refuge and a school in Kenya.
The concept of giving through fundraising, time or ideas is encouraged throughout our pupils' time at JAGS, as part of our aim to teach sense of social responsibility and concern for others.
Congratulations go to the following pupils who were finalists for Jane Goodall Institute Project Prize (from 2000 schools): awarded to Emily Loynes, Janice Azu, Isy Turnill, Kyoka S and Tilly Gratton on behalf of AFFCAD club.
Runner Up In the video competition Inspiring change: Catherine Walter for Meat Free Mondays
WINNER in the video competition Inspiring change: Kyoka Seguchi with the Eco Club video.